Musée Jenisch Vevey


Inaugurated in March 1897, the museum is built in a neo-classical style by the architects Maillard and Convert. It owes its creation to Fanny Jenisch (1801-1881). History


Publications are shared equally between printing and drawing: the museum and the cantonal prints collection have already produced catalogues raisonnés and collection catalogues, reference monographs and works on particular topics. Publishing


Founded in 2012, the Centre de Recherche pour les Œuvres sur papier (Centre for Research into Works on Paper, CROP) is conceived as a nexus for conservation, skills and research into the historical background, heritage, resources and identity of the Musée Jenisch Vevey.


The second-largest art museum in the canton of Vaud, the Musée Jenisch Vevey has over the years acquired major collections of works on paper – prints and drawings from every period – which today account for more than 95% of its holdings. Specifically, there are 9'500 drawings, 35,000 prints and 1,300 paintings.

The temporary and semi-permanent exhibitions are thus devoted primarily to prints and drawings.

Collections left in the Museum (general) :
The Cantonal Prints Collection: It contains the print collections of the Canton of Vaud, the Fondation William Cuendet & Atelier de Saint-Prex, Professor Decker, the Association du Musée Alexis Forel and the Fondation Pierre Aubert, as well as a selection of prints from the Gottfried Keller Foundation.
The Oscar Kokoschka space
Fondation Jacques Pajak
Fondation Lélo Fiaux
Fondation Wilhelm Gimmi
Diverse: Collection D, Collection d'Art Nestlé, Collection R, Confédération, Etat de Vaud, Fondation Balthus, Fondation des Amis du Musée Jenisch Vevey, Fondation Gottfried Keller, Fondation pour les Arts et les Lettres et Société des Beaux-Arts de Vevey

Viewing room - Salle Leenaards: the viewing room offers ideal conditions for examining the works on paper and is supported by an extensive library and archival holdings.

Postal address
Avenue de la Gare 2
Review Date: