swisspeace is a practice-oriented peace research institute. swisspeace contributes to the improvement of conflict prevention and conflict transformation by producing innovative research, shaping discourses on international peace policy, developing and applying new peacebuilding tools and methodologies, supporting and advising other peace actors, as well as by providing and facilitating spaces for analysis, discussion, critical reflection and learning.
To support the Dealing with the Past Program we are looking for an: Intern (100%)
Starting date: 1 April 2020
Duration: 6 months
Gross salary per month: CHF 1,500
The swisspeace Dealing with the Past (DwP) Program supports governmental and non-governmental actors in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of DwP activities. The program provides a wide range of training opportunities and contributes to the research-policy nexus through its research projects, conferences, publications and teaching.
• Administrative and logistic support of courses, conferences, workshop and roundtables, including the Dealing with the Past Advanced Course that the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs organizes in cooperation with swisspeace
• General assistance of the research activities with regard to DwP
• General support in acquiring new projects and mandates such as drafting proposals and contribution to networking
• BA (higher degrees will not be accepted) in international relations, social sciences or similar disciplines
• Proficiency in English and Germann (writing, speaking and listening); French or Arabic is an asset
• Cultural sensitivity
• A challenging internship in a dynamic field of work with political relevance
• Opportunity to demonstrate your excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
• Possibility to work independently and as part of a team and to develop your own ideas
• A variety of challenging and exciting tasks, e.g. work with websites and social media
• A positive working atmosphere in a young and international team
• Up-to-date working conditions and an attractive work place in the centre of Basel
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English including a cover letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by 25 October 2019. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Intern DwP’ in the subject line.